Height: 6’ 2”
Playing age: 25-35
Selected Theatre Experience: Fried Eggs, The Women, Among The Ice
Selected Film Experience: Beyond the Gateway, Eskimo Kiss (short), Cassandra (feature), The Present (short), The Smoker (feature)
Selected TV Experience: Nightflyers, Vikings, Issues, Who Needs Enemies?
Selected Advertising Experience: Guinness (American market only), Dylan Hotel, Electric Ireland.
Accents: Northern Ireland, Dublin, Scotland, England, America (East & West Coast), and Scandinavian
Qualifications and Training
- A Spiritual Approach to Acting with John Osborne Hughes, London (2016)
- Unlocking The Scene with Cathy Brady, Bow St. Dublin (2014-2015)
- Alexander Technique with Clodagh Downing, Actors Studio Dublin (2013)
- Chekhov Technique with Max Hafler, Core Theatre College, Galway (2012)
- M.A. Drama & Theatre Studies, NUI Galway (2011-2012)
- Galway Youth Theatre with Andrew Flynn, Galway (2009 - 2011)
Yoga, Singing, Guitar, Full Driving License, Horse-riding, and Swimming.
Having studied for 2 years with the Galway Youth Theatre, Karen went on to study an M.A. in Drama and Theatre at NUIG. There, she spent her time obsessing over the work of Marina Carr and Henry James, and nailed lead roles in DramSoc of Phaedra in 'Phaedra’s Love' and Marla in 'Fight Club!'. She set up her own theatre company, translating a Spanish play into English, and premiering it at the Galway Theatre Festival. She has had great success with her one woman show 'Fried Eggs' which garnered her rave reviews.