Uploading A Video
This is a guide for Castannettenow actors for uploading videos (monologues, showreels etc.) onto a video hosting website. We recommend that you upload your video to Vimeo as it is the easiest one to use and it has a neat player. Once you upload your video, please email the link to the video to firstname.lastname@example.org. It won't take long to get your video online if you follow these steps.
For Actors already on the website, please make sure you don't have your personal contact information on the video.
1. Go to www.vimeo.com. It looks like this.
2. Sign up to Vimeo by filling out your name, email address and creating a password. Then click join.
3. You will be brought to this screen. Don't worry you won't have to pay to upload your video. Just scroll to the bottom of the page.
4. At the bottom of the screen click 'Continue with your basic account'.
5. After pressing 'Continue with your basic account', you will be shown a welcome message. Press the small X in the top right corner and you will be brought to your Vimeo homepage. It'll look like this. At this point, you should check your emails. You should have an email from Vimeo asking you to press a button to confirm your registration. Do that and you'll be brought back to this screen.
6. Press the 'Upload a video' button in the top right corner of the screen.
7. You will be brought to this page. Just press the 'Choose a Video to Upload' button.
8. Now select the video you want to upload from your computer and press 'Choose'.
9. Once, you have done that, you will be shown this screen. The name of the file you selected appears under the 'Files:' heading. If you're happy you have picked the right file, press 'upload selected videos'. You can upload more than one video by pressing 'Add another video to upload' and repeating the above steps.
10. You will be brought to this page. Wait for the video upload to complete. You can fill in a title if you like, this might help remind you which video is which if you upload more than 1.
11. This message appears when you're done. Scroll to the bottom of the page.
12. If you've given the video a title click 'Save Changes'. Now click 'Go to Video'.
13. You will see this page. Vimeo puts your video in a queue to be uploaded to the website and made available so you can play it. It does this because you signed up for a free account. The good news is you don't have to sit around for 40 mins waiting. You can close the browser and Vimeo will send you an email when the video is ready. When you receive the email, click the link to the video and you should be brought to a page with your video on a player. Send the link to this to email@example.com